Avoid Digital Marketing Disasters in 2023: 8 Tips for Unbeatable Success
The opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
You are reading Entrepreneur Asia Pacific, an international franchise by Entrepreneur Media.
Digital marketing can feel like it’s evolving at breakneck speed. Many business owners don’t have the time to keep up to date with the latest trends and forecasts for the rest of 2023 and beyond. If you don’t keep up with the times, you risk losing market share to your closest competitors.
Jordan Power, president of the coveted agency, Gray smoke media offers eight digital marketing tips business owners should follow to thrive in the most competitive arenas.
- data, data, data The more you know about your customer, the better you can predict their next move. You already know the demographics of your customers, but you’re beginning to layer their psychographic information further and further. By collecting customer data, businesses can continue to create tailored marketing efforts both on their website and in weekly email newsletters.
- Create value-based content. You don’t just want to be a great brand; You want to be a source of value for your customer base. Content should be informative as well as engaging and shareable. Strive to create something that will naturally spread across the web and watch it grow. If you fit into the target demo yourself, ask yourself if you want to share this with your closest circle.
- Voice search is coming – Voice search is on the rise. The content of all your pages should be optimized to accommodate this rising trend. You can improve on this by using conversational language, answering frequently asked questions (like you might do in the schema), and structuring all the language in a way that voice assistants can easily scan.
- Build communities alongside your brand– At a time when social bonds can falter, it’s important that individuals associate your brand with a meeting place. Content created by your team should foster connections. Don’t just build a brand, build a community. Your brand will then naturally be associated with happier times and social connections.
- Podcast ads are the play Although podcast ads have a higher CPM, they are proven to deliver high ROI for brands. According to a 2021 Edison Research report, podcast ads have very high recall; 86% of the survey participants confirm this. Podcast listeners tend to have a very personal, parasocial relationship with the presenters, and therefore their credibility carries over to your brand. Podcast ads can also generate four times more brand recall than display ads. Additionally, podcast audiences are growing rapidly, with a growth rate of over 30% since 2020. Invest now.
- content volume By now you may have heard about Monday.com’s incredible success story. In the 12 months leading up to their IPO, they published over 1000 articles (about 125 per month). This led to significant growth as they ended up ranking for over 1700 keywords. The lesson here? Create something incredible that others will naturally want to backlink to. Then sit back and collect the SEO dividend. The organic traffic is already there, so it’s important to increase your search market share on a quarterly basis.
- remarketing Design personalized content tailored to each subgroup you target. This significantly increases conversions. Break it down even further by creating a large audience list. For example, our audience could be people who have only viewed a specific page on your website or interacted with specific content. Take the time to analyze the data in detail and you will find your secret.
- AdWords in 2023 – Your AdWords campaign should be highly specific, relevant, measurable, and time-limited. In addition to taking a closer look at the possibilities of long-tail keywords, brands should also keep in mind that first-party data will be incredibly important as third-party data becomes scarce. Finally, study your competitors like a hawk. Auction Insights reports from Google and the Similar Web tool are key success factors.