Mastercard’s New Digital Doors® Marketing Hub Helps Small Businesses Go Digital; New partners bring additional advantages in daily operations
May 2, 2023 | PURCHASE, NY
Marketing Hub brings together easy-to-use platforms and new partners including Hootsuite, Triple Whale, Vizit, and YieldDay to help small businesses improve digital marketing and analytics
New partnerships with Accion Opportunity Fund, FedEx, Lendio, Markaaz, Pye, Stride Health and Talents ASCEND offer small businesses new ways to streamline payments and operations
Celebrating Small Business Month, Mastercard today announced the next evolution of its program Digital Doors® program Launching May 4thth. Through additional partnerships and a new Marketing Hub platform, the company offers an expanded range of innovative tools, resources and benefits to help small businesses digitally improve their operations and growth.
According to Mastercard research, nearly half (47%) of small and medium-sized businesses in the US have a growth mentality (1). While small businesses are in growth mode, 40% believe they are still in the early stages of learning when it comes to digital marketing skills (2). To further its commitment to small businesses, the company is launching the Mastercard Marketing Hub as a new service platform within Digital Doors to catalyze entrepreneurs’ digital growth through a structured combination of educational content, offers and an exclusive marketing resource creation tool .
“As small businesses evolve in today’s digital age, Mastercard Digital Doors remains an innovative resource that helps entrepreneurs hone their digital marketing skills and grow their online presence,” said Rustom Dastoor, EVP of Marketing and Communications, Mastercard North America. “We continue to work closely with our partners to understand the pain points of small business owners and provide needs-based solutions that help them unleash their creativity, how they engage with customers and ultimately accelerate business growth.”
The Mastercard Digital Doors Marketing Hub will unlock resources to help small business owners market their business to attract new customers and create meaningful touchpoints with existing customers, subject to the offer terms:
- Ad Designer sponsored by Mastercard: a free online graphic design tool that helps small businesses create digital marketing content like social posts, banner ads and more without having any design experience. It includes a unique AI-based text generator for marketing copy inspiration.
- Hoot suite: 20% off Hootsuite Business Plan or Hootsuite Enterprise Plan to help businesses reach their customers more efficiently across multiple social media platforms, improve customer service, and gain deeper analytics and consumer insights.
- triple whale: 20% lifetime discount on Triple Whale, which helps manage analytics, attribution, and creativity for Shopify storefronts in one easy-to-use dashboard, providing real-time insights needed to grow a brand.
- vizit: 50% off the annual subscription cost for the Vizit Visual Brand Performance Platform, which uses AI-based insights to help businesses identify the most effective advertising, website and social media images to engage and convert customers convert.
- yield day: Free 30-day trial and 30% discount on first month with 6-month contract or first month free with 12-month contract for YieldDay’s technology platform, which uses advanced machine learning algorithms to carefully score anonymous visitor data and predict to reach better audiences and achieve less advertising costs.
Mastercard’s Digital Doors program gives small businesses access to new partner resources and exclusive benefits, subject to offer conditions, including:
- Accion Opportunity Fund: From responsible capital to grants and loans to free coaching and webinars, fuel your entrepreneurial journey with this financial support system for small business owners.
- FedEx: 40% discount on select FedEx Express® shipping services and 20% discount on select FedEx Ground® shipping services.
- lendio: Small business lending platform with an online marketplace of 75+ lenders offering financing solutions like lines of credit, SBA loans and more.
- Markaaz: Free 1-month trial of Markaaz’s business dashboard that helps small businesses improve their financial health and business operations by taking control of their publicly available business data.
- Pye: Self-order kiosks for retail and restaurants that save business owners time and money, ensure a consistent customer service experience, and free up existing employees for other roles/needs within the business.
- step health: Simplifies health insurance by providing small businesses with an end-to-end solution for purchasing, enrollment, and post-enrollment management.
- Talents ASCEND: 10% discount on a Talents ASCEND membership or 20% when paying with a Mastercard to help employers quickly connect with candidates with the skills they need.
Mastercard Digital Doors originally launched in 2020 as an online resource center for businesses during the pandemic to provide small business owners with the tools and resources they could count on to transition to and sustain a digital business. Today, Mastercard Digital Doors continues to adapt and respond to the unique and current needs of small businesses with existing partners HSB, Periculus Cyber, EasyPayMeAnd Summarize.
This latest launch from Mastercard Digital Doors kicks off a month of educational and celebration programs for small business owners. Informative webinars on various topics by Mastercard experts are currently available for registration Here A webinar is also open in collaboration with Hello Alice on Black Entrepreneurship on the Rise Here for the registration. Additionally, MLB and Mastercard will be working together again this summer to support the Home Team Advantage Small Business Contest, which gives small business owners in select cities a chance to win a grant for their business, access to Mastercard’s small business tools and a priceless baseball to gain experience.
Mastercard Digital Doors builds on that of the company global commitment on financial inclusion and pledges to bring 1 billion people and 50 million micro and small businesses into the digital economy by 2025.
The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) and Mastercard join the celebration of Small Business Month announced the expansion through its Digital Doors partnership to raise awareness of cybersecurity protection for small businesses and the steps they can take to protect their digital content from cyberattacks. As part of the expanded partnership, Mastercard will offer free webinars to educate small businesses on cybersecurity threats and best practices for online success.
Hear from partners
“As an organization that connects with businesses of all sizes every day, Hootsuite has been privileged to learn from the brightest marketers in the industry, and we’ve found that some of the most creative and daring are small business owners.” For them, are social Networks have become the great equalizer – it’s where they connect with their customers and build their brands,” said Brad Wochomurka, VP Global Partners. “We appreciate the work Mastercard has done in bringing together the resources small businesses need most to adapt to a digital-first strategy, and we’re excited to be working with them.”
“We have been working with Mastercard for over three years. From Start Path to Digital Doors, we’re excited to see this partnership reach new heights,” said Brock Blake, co-founder and CEO of Lendio. “We are very pleased that Mastercard has created this platform to help educated SMEs in our post-Covid era. We believe Lendio will bring tremendous value to these SMEs as they grow, manage their business and seek capital to achieve their dream.”
“Small businesses need resources that will help improve their financial health. Key to this is accurate and up-to-date business information that shows financial partners that this company is poised for growth. By joining the Markaaz dashboard, Digital Doors business members can update, review and monitor their business information in one place, allowing them to quickly access the right partners and resources to be successful.” – Fabi Hubschmid, Co-Founder, Markaaz
“We are excited to partner with leading financial technology company Mastercard and to be part of the Digital Doors platform, which enables us to help other small businesses thrive and thrive,” said Jegil Dugger, Founder and CEO of Pye. “Pye’s solutions give many small businesses a head start in tackling historical industry challenges, such as rising costs and labor shortages, and position them to meet future challenges.”
“Small businesses demand ingenuity and creative thinking from their team members. Talents ASCEND is aware of this. By bringing innovative AI technology to the masses, Talents ASCEND is partnering with Mastercard to open doors to employment with its Digital Doors program. It is an honor to work with Mastercard as we are also committed to helping small businesses thrive.” – Robyn Grable, CEO Talents ASCEND
“When you run an e-commerce business, data accuracy and clarity are critical to profitable growth. Triple Whale is excited to partner with Mastercard Digital Doors, offering emerging digital brands access to best-in-class AI-powered data aggregation, analytics and automation. As we like to say here at Triple Whale, scale it to the moon!” – Alexa Kilroy, Brand Director, Triple Whale
“The Vizit platform is designed to help creatives and marketers get the most out of their images without burdening them with lengthy processes or complicated data,” said Jehan Hamedi, CEO and Founder of Vizit. “We believe Vizit can be a huge asset for small businesses looking to improve their bottom line and we’re excited to be a part of this Mastercard Digital Doors initiative.”
(1) Mastercard Proprietary Thought Leadership “Empowering Small and Medium Businesses to Grow By Sharing Their Data”, February 2022
(2) Mastercard SMB Study for Digital Doors, July 2022